Friday, August 5, 2016

New Drugstore Lipstick Launches: Covergirl Katy Kat Matte VS Maybelline Color Sensational The Loaded Bolds



Hello and welcome back to my blog! Today's blog post is about two new lipstick launches at the drugstore, the Covergirl Katy Kat Matte Lipsticks and the Maybelline Color Sensational The Loaded Bolds Lipsticks. I stumbled upon these releases at my local Target, where they were both out on display together. I was immediately intrigued by both collections and picked out three colors that I knew I would be interested in. Let's look at the claims for both lipsticks!

Claims for the Covergirl Katy Kat Matte Lipsticks: Calling all Katy Kats! Our new Katy Kat Demi-Matte Lipstick is a purr-fect collection of velvety soft and luscious feeling lipsticks with a demi-matte finish created by the one and only Katy Perry. With 11 shades in all, discover a new matte lip look you'll love that's not flat or dry.

Claims for the Maybelline Color Sensational The Loaded Bolds Lipsticks: Maybelline's Color Sensational The Loaded Bolds Lip Color delivers one-stroke intensity with hyper-color pigments and an opaque, creamy clay base. Sumptuous honey nectar leaves a creamy finish. Available in a collection of pigment-loaded shades from deep plums and electric blues to vibrant reds and natural nudes. Dermatologist tested. Allergy tested.

To see which launch is totally worth the buy, please click on Read More!



First up is the Covergirl Katy Kat Matte lipstick collection. This collection consists of 11 brand new shades that feature Covergirl's own matte formula. The range of colors are impressive from everyday pinks, to gorgeous reds, and the bold colors for the brave.

The three shades that I ended picking up are Sphinx, Catoure, and Kitty Purry.


Here are what they look like out of the tube and as you can tell it is so the kind of lipstick colors I would rock. Let's move on to lip swatches!


The first lip swatch I have here is Sphynx. This can be described as a light pinky nude. Against my skin tone, it is a nice everyday color but I feel with a tan this may wash me out just because it is really light for a pink. This applied on easily and smoothly but it was a little patchy. I definitely had to build up the color.


The next lip swatch is Catoure. Catoure can be seen as a rosy pink. This is easily my favorite of the bunch since it flatters my skin tone the best. It applied just as smoothly as Sphynx but it was much more pigmented and was not patchy at all. This is the best formulated one of the three.


And the last lip swatch/lipstick that I have from this line is Kitty Purry. On me, it is a lavender pink color. It definitely has a white base to it which is why it looks very pastel but I think that it's flattering. Like Sphynx and Catoure, it glided on smoothly but it was also patchy. I needed to swipe my lips a couple more times than Catoure to get the good and even pigmentation you see in the lip swatch above. 

And that is it for this launch! Overall, I think that this is a fair lipstick for what it offers. It is a demi-matte finish, comfortable on the lips, doesn't dry them out, and it has a wide range of colors. While the pigmentation isn't there for some of the lip colors, I think that it's good for someone who likes natural looking lips, especially with these three shades. I haven't tried out any of the darker shades from this line but for the three that I do have, I like them.

Now let's talk about the Madeline Color Sensational The Loaded Bolds lipsticks.


This collection consists of 20 different shades, that ranges from everyday tone colors to dramatic and vibrant colors. These range of colors don't look very summery to me but it definitely intrigued me nonetheless. 

The three shades that I picked up are Grey Over ItCoffee Addiction, and Chocoholic.


Here are what they look like in the tube. Off the bat, they look super creamy and I already know that I will like these lipsticks. These colors are very me, which was why I was most attracted to get them. Now let's check out the lip swatches for each lipstick.


The first one I have here is Grey Over It. This is actually one of the two gray toned colors of the collection, which I find so unique because there aren't many or if any gray toned shade of lipsticks at the drugstore. The "greige" look is very in too. I chose this one because it looked like it would match my skin tone better than the other gray toned shade. I can described this on me as a gray shade with mauve brown undertones to it. I personally think it's really pretty. I had no issues with the application as it applied on smoothly and with one coat. 


The next shade I have here is Coffee Addiction. This is a gorgeous terra-cotta type shade. I love the shade name and the color against my skin tone. It applied on smoothly and evenly with high pigmentation. It is so amazing comfortable on the lips. I wouldn't say these are a true matte finish. It has the appearance of a matte lipstick but it has a bit of a sheen to it, which is why I think these are not drying at all.


And the final lip swatch I have is in the shade Chocoholic. This is a gorgeous burgundy brown shade. It applied just as evenly, pigmented, and smoothly as the rest. While they don't claim to be long lasting, once it dries it stays pretty much put. There will be some transference when freshly applied but that transference fades throughout the day. 

Overall these new lipsticks from Maybelline are absolutely amazing. I have been wearing them nonstop since I got them and I've actually purchased another shade. If you were to ask me which of the two new lipstick launches are worth I would definitely have to say it is these Maybelline Color Sensational The Loaded Bolds! You have to try these out for yourselves, it's a really refreshing take on the whole matte lips trend and a great formula for those who want that matte look but want to feel comfortable as well.

And that is it for these new lipstick launches at the drugstore! I love brand new lipsticks from the drugstore because of not only how affordable it is, but they are always upping their makeup game. I hope you like this post! Please leave me a comment down below letting me know what you think of these new lipsticks. Thank you and please follow me on all my social media links!


Love Always,

Where To Buy:
At almost all drugstores or stores that sells these brands!

Price:
Covergirl: Ranges from $6 to $9
Maybelline: Ranges from $5 to $9

Please follow me on all my social media links on the right!

No comments:

Post a Comment