Friday, August 26, 2016

Colourpop X Kathleenlights Collab 3: Review + Swatches


Hello beauty lovers and welcome back to another blog post! Kathleenlights is at it again with a brand collection collaboration with Colourpop Cosmetics and as the avid fan I am, I had to pick them up.

This time, Kathleenlights came out with three Ultra Satin Lips in the shades Alyssa, November, and Point Zero and a set of Creme Gel Liners in pot and and pencil form called Mr. Bing. I ended up picking up the majority of the collection except for the Ultra Satin lip in Alyssa because I felt like it may be too light for me.  

But I got the rest! And I am so exited to shares my thoughts and swatches on these new products. Please click on Read More to keep on reading!



Of course we have to talk about lips first and I got two shades of the Ultra Satin Lips in the shades November and Point Zero.

This is my first time trying the Ultra Satin Lips formula just because I am absolutely in love with Colourpop's Ultra Matte Liquid Lipsticks. Those are my babies and one of my all time favorite formulas of matte liquid lipsticks. But Kathleenlights raves about the formula of these hippies so I figured, why not try them out?

The first shade I want to talk about is November, which is the pinkie shade on the right of the top picture.


Here's what it looks like swatched on my arm. This color is described as a "mid-tone warm peachy pink". 


And here's what the color looks like on my lips. On my skin tone it is very very neon on me. Part of me was a bit disappointed that it wasn't this warm peachy pink on me but I've got to learn that all shades don't look the same on every skin tone. I think that this would be so pretty on people that can pull off a color like this but I just can't see myself wearing it unless I layer it with a darker color underneath or use an ombre technique.

The last and second shade of Ultra Satin Lips that I purchased is Point Zero.


Point Zero is described as a "cool-toned grey brown". And here's what it looks like swatched on skin. 


Now here's what it looks like applied on my lips. While it looked a lot warmer on my skin, it applied a lot cooler. I picked up this shade because of how unique the color was. While it looks a bit paler in this swatch, in person it's a lot more wearable. I think that this is such a unique shade to play around with looks.

Overall, I like these Ultra Satin Lips but I'm not in love with them as I am with Colourpop's Ultra Matte Liquid Lipsticks. I think formula wise, they are easy to glide on the lips, great pigmentation, and it is super comfortable to wear as well. I think my problem is that it doesn't dry down which is completely not the point of the product and I was totally expecting that! But I felt that since it didn't dry down on my lips, the overall look just looked odd to me. To me, it looked a little cakey on the lips. On the other hand I was impressed with the wear time. It lasted pretty long before I felt I had to reapply, especially for a satin finish that doesn't dry down. I don't have a definite say of these and I'm not writing them off. I think I need to try out other colors and figure if I really like it. But for now, I'm still in love with the Ultra Matte Liquid Lipsticks a lot better.


The next items that I picked up from this collection is the Creme gel liner and pot duo in Mr. Bing. The color is described as a "rich warm brown in a matte finish". 


And here is what they look like swatched. On the left bottom is the creme gel liner pencil and on the top right is the creme gel pot. Both swatch different with the liner swatching as a lighter brown and the pot swatching a bit darker. But, they both have a nice warm brown undertone. 

With the creme gel liner, I found that it was great. It's pigmented and applied on smoothly when I used it to line my lids as well as on my water line. I was a little hesitant at first to put this on my water line just because it has a bit of redness to the brown but wow did it makes my eyes pop. It didn't do any smudging and lasted really well on my lids and waterline. The liner is great for my first time trying it!

With the creme gel pot liner, it took a little bit of work to get it going but once I did, it was very easy to use and work with. I used this primarily on my lids to put on winged liner and once I used it as a cream base for an eyeshadow look. These lasted on really well as well and the overall look was great. The only issue was again really having to warm the color up and layering to get that full pigmentation. For my first time trying both the liner and gel pot, I'm satisfied! 

All in all, this is another great collection collaboration with Colourpop and Kathleenlights. I love the color scheme that Kathleen has chosen and I can't wait for another collaboration! 

And that is it for my review and swatches of this collection! Thank you for reading and please follow me on all my social media links which can be found on the right!

Love Always,
Where To Buy:
www.colourpop.com

Price:
Ranges from $5 to $6

Please follow me on all my social media links, especially instagram: daisydaisydaisies







No comments:

Post a Comment