Monday, August 8, 2016

June 2016 Ipsy Glam Bag: Rebel Rebel


Hello lovelies! On todays blog I present the June 2016 Ipsy Glam Bag! The them for this month is Rebel Rebel. This bag has an interesting fabric to it. It doesn't feel smooth like plastic but it has more cushion to it yet it's not thick. The print is also a graffiti print with multiple words associated with Ipsy and beauty. It's a cute bag but aesthetically not my favorite. 

As always, Ipsy comes with five beauty products that correlates with the beauty quiz you took before receiving the bag. 

If you want to check out what is in this month's Ipsy bag, please click on read more!

The first item I have is the Elizabeth Mott Show Me Your Cheeks Blush in the shade Peach Pink.


Claims: It's time to blush up on your game. Start with this universally flattering and foolproof shade. And build a glow that goes from subtle sheen to full on flush. Iridescent finish with subtle sparkle. Long lasting color that takes you from day to dance floor. Cruelty free and never tested on fuzzy friends. 




While this is a very pretty pink blush, I don't think the pigmentation is there at all. It swatched well on the finger but against my skin, it barely showed up.



Here's what it looks like swatched on me. 


As you can see, it barely shows up on my skin. When I tried to use a brush to apply the blush on my cheeks, it barely picked up on the brush. Once I applied the blush on my cheeks I just saw shimmer. I kept trying to build it up but no color was showing up on me. 


I feel like if you had a lighter skin tone than me then yeah maybe it'll work but other than that I definitely won't be using this as a blush at all.




The next product from this months Ipsy bag is the Hey Honey 24Seven: Day & Night Revitalizing Cream.

Claims: This all in one actually does it all amazingly well. Day or night. On your face, neck, or under the eyes. Sweet relief 24/7. Rich formula hydrates and heals. Restores balance to the skin - to keep you looking younger for longer. Minimal steps when it comes to caring for your own skin. Made with low maintenance in mind. Which the lazy in us loves.

This is a thick cream but not too thick that it's hard to blend into the skin. It doesn't feel sticky on my skin either as some thicker creams tend to feel on me. The scent of this is nice, it smells clean and fresh. 


I used this revitalizing cream mostly at the end of the night just because I like to use something more liquidy in the morning for the lightness on the skin. I think this cream moisturize my skin pretty well and the next morning when I feel my skin, it feels smooth and refreshed. I haven't used this long enough to really see if it keeps my skin younger but so far so good!



Next up is the Urban Decay Eyeshadow in the shade Lounge.

Claims: Shade shifter. This multifaceted shadow switches up its look in different lighting. Duo the intrigue. Duo the fun. Feels like velvet. Glides on softly. Looks like wow. Lasts all day (and all night). Won't get caught up in your creases. 


The shade Lounge is described as a "decadent reddish-brown topped with teal-green shimmer". 

I was so excited to try this shadow because the swatch reminded me of the old and discontinued L'oreal pigment in the shade 914 Intrepid, one of my faves from the drugstore makeup past.




Here is what this shadow looks like swatched on my skin. It is gorgeous! I love shadows that are misleading and look different on the skin in comparison to the pan.

This shadow applied really nicely on my eyes and I was able to get amazing pigmentation from it. The problem that I have with the formula is that it creases on the lids like crazy. I used an eye primer and everything and it still creased! I absolutely love the color and the pigmentation so I'm devastated at how much it creased on me! Let me know if you got this shadow and tell me if it worked on you. I probably have to play with it more but so far I'm 50/50 on it.




Now on to the next beauty item which is the Formula X Nail Polish in the gorgeous shade of Wingwoman.

Claims: Lady in red. Dip into the perfect scarlet shade for the summer. High on the shine factor and made to go the distance. Enriched with ShineXcel - a luminescent ingredient that makes the red color pop. Long lasting, incredibly saturated color leaves us swooning. No parabens, sulfates, or phthalates.

I forget how amazing these nail polishes are until I try them again. Formula X Nail Polish produces one of the best formula of nail polishes that I have ever tried.


This shade in Wingwoman is such a gorgeous bright and classic red, perfect for the summer! With one coat, I got amazing pigmentation and no streaks or patchiness whatsoever. It dried really quickly and the finish was a nice and beautiful sheen. 


This nail polish lasted for a good four days before I saw any chipping and I use my hands a lot ( ;D ). I'm really in love with the formula of this nail polish as well as the color. And, how cute is the sample size?! It'll last you a good amount of time since you only need one coat.



And the final beauty item from this bag is the BioRepublic Skincare Fiber Mask Set.

Claims: Mmm. That's the sound of soothing. These masks calm stressed out skin and brighten dull, flat complexions, with results you see even days later. And did we mention they smell amazing? Even more to mmm about. Cucumber Breeze wafts in to save stressed out skin. Pomegranate Crush energizes and evens out your complexion. Biodegradable fiber mask material fits nice and snugly, so you get the most of the essence right where you need it.

Off the bat, these masks material and serum are way thicker than I have ever used before. Both masks went on my face easily and it stuck on. 


The serum is super cooling and thick, there's a lot of it on the mask. I really liked that because I felt it got all the areas of my face evenly. I love the super cooling sensation, especially when I used it during a hot summer night. I love love love the refreshing feeling.


It says on the directions to leave this mask on for 15 - 20 minutes, which honestly I left on longer because the mask never really dries. With the Cucumber Breeze Soothing Fiber Mask, my skin felt moisturized and really soft. The smell wasn't too pungent rather it was clean and pleasant. Now with the Pomegranate Crush Illuminating Fiber Mask, my skin did glow after and I felt moisturized and smooth as well.


Overall, I think these masks are amazing and super high quality. It's one of the best masks that I have ever tried. I absolutely love it.


And that is it for the June Ipsy Glam Bag! Let me know what you got in your June Ipsy Glam Bag or if you tried any of the product I have! Please follow me on all my social media links on the right and thanks for reading!


Love Always,

Where To Buy:
www.ipsy.com

Price:
$10 a month! (It's a monthly subscription service)

Please follow me on all my social media links on the right!

No comments:

Post a Comment