Friday, July 29, 2016

NYX Cosmetics Lip Lingerie Collection: Review & Swatches


Hey beautiful people! Another day, another blog post. My makeup life has been bombarded with lip products and these NYX Lip Lingerie Liquid Lipsticks are not excluded. It took me a while to get all the colors that I wanted, but I've finally got them all!

Claims: Slip into something seductive with NYX Cosmetics' Lip Lingerie Liquid Lipstick, a weightless liquid lipstick with a plush matte finish. Available in a range of color-kissed nudes, each sultry shade will coat the curves of your lips with irresistibly creamy color.

I was super intrigued by these liquid lipsticks from NYX because I think that NYX creates one of the best lip products from the drugstore. So if you want to check out what I thought about these liquid lipsticks then please click on Read More!



From left to right, swatched on my skin, are HoneymoonEmbellishment, Ruffle Trim, Beauty Mark, and Teddy.

Let's talk about Honeymoon first! Honeymoon is described as a "gray toned beige".


Here's what it looks like on my lips. This is a very gray color on my lips and it looks almost like I have dead lips. It's honestly a little too gray for me but I found that mixing it with light colors made it a lot better.

Next up is Embellishment and was the hardest Lip Lingerie for me to find. It is described as a "muted purple". 


And this is what Embellishment looks like on my lips. I knew this was going to be my favorite of the bunch. This shade is completely on trend with gorgeous mauve, purple, and hint of gray shades in it. It is a bit cool but paired with the right kind of makeup, it can be very wearable. For a cool tone shade, I find that on my skin tone, it looks flattering. It's definitely a color that will look different on everyone. Nonetheless, I really like it.

Next up is the shade Ruffle Trim. It is described as a "cinnamon pink". I actually wasn't going to purchase this at all because it looked like not only something I wouldn't wear but too light for my skin tone. So when I saw it in stores, I thought that it looked like it could work on me and a good everyday color.


Here's what it looks like on my lips. I think that this is a very pretty shade. It was a little too light and a little bit neon looking against my skin tone but if I could mix it with other colors, I think that I could make it work for my skin. It's a little too orange to be described as a cinnamon color but I do see the pink. Overall, not too bad.

Now, I have the color Beauty Mark. On the NYX Cosmetics website, they describe it as a "chocolate brown". 


And here is what it looks like on my lips. This is a pretty brown color with a more red and warm undertone. I think that deeper skin tones would definitely benefit from this shade. On me, it's a more vampy look although I really like it.

And the final lip lingerie that I have here is the color Teddy. On the website it is described as a "warm rich brown".


And this is what the final lip shade looks like on my lips. As you can see it is very similar to Beauty Mark but with Teddy, it has more gray undertones. Again, this is a more vampy color on me but I can see deeper skin tones really liking this as an everyday color.

Now let's talk about the overall product. I really like the packaging of these liquid lipsticks. They don't look cheap rather they look high end. It has good weight to it and is made of this hard plastic that looks like glass but won't break as easily. I really like the concept of it being shades of nude for all skin colors. No matter what skin color you are from the fairest of the fair to the deepest of the deep, there is a nude shade in this collection that will compliment you. 

The applicator is really interesting, as it is not a doe foot applicator, rather it's long and flat on both sides. For me it distributes the product on the lips well but it is hard to have control over it. I don't mind it at all but it may bother some.

Moving on from the packaging to the formula. These liquid lipsticks are not as runny as Colourpop liquid lipsticks. It has a mousse or gel like consistency when applied on the lips. Just like in the description, it has a plush feeling, especially when you rub your lips together. I will say that they all applied patchy with some layering on better than the others. You'll definitely need at least two coats of this to get complete opacity. This formula does dry to a super matte finish to the point where it is drying. If you don't like drying liquid lipsticks, then this is not for you. What I did find was that the staying power was really good. Through drinking, eating, and talking, these liquid lipsticks can stay on for a good six to seven hours without touching up.

Overall, these liquid lipsticks are not my favorite formula but I do like the color range and the concept behind it. The mousse consistency and gel like feel is really interesting and I do like how matte it is but I would not recommend it as much as the Colourpop liquid lipsticks. 

And that is it for my review of the NYX Lip Lingerie liquid lipsticks! Let me know if you tried these out and what you thought about them. Please follow me on all my social media links on the right!

Love Always,
Where To Buy:
www.nyxcosmetics.com, www.ulta.com, and other drugstores/Target that sells NYX Cosmetics

Price:
$7

Please follow me on all my social media links on the right of this post!




No comments:

Post a Comment