Monday, August 29, 2016

July 2016 Ipsy Glam Bag: Hot Summer Nights


Hello lovelies! Welcome back to another Ipsy blog post for the month of July. Jeez, this summer has been going by too fast but I'm so excited for Autumn to come (C'mon, you're hating this 90 degree weather too). 

This month's theme for Ipsy is Hot Summer Nights, perfect for this crazy heat wave we're having on the East Coast! This bag is so cute with its cute beach umbrella print and holographic background. It is such a cute and adorable bag that I've made it into my makeup bag for on the go!

As always, you receive five beauty products based on your beauty quiz that you took before being subscribed to the subscription service. 

If you want to check out what I got this month then please click on Read More!

First up is the theBalm Cosmetics Meet Matt(e) Trimony Eyeshadow in the shade Matt Moskowitz.

Claims: Triple milled just sounds attractive, doesn't it? It means this shadow is super fine, making it smooth and easy to blend. Ultra Matte color. Perfect on your lids, in the ceases or as a transition shade. Velvety texture that's as soft as it is stunning.



Matt Moskowitz is described as a matte plum.



As you can see swatched, it is a gorgeous purple plum shade. It did swatch pretty dry and the shadow itself is dry as well. But, with two layers you can really work up the pigmentation. 


If I were to compare this shadow to the shadows in the Meet Matt(e) original palette, I would say that the original one is much more creamy than this one. The darker shades in the original Meet Matt(e) palette swatch better and have better pay off. 



The next product in this bag is the Eva NYC Get Glossed! Hair Serum.

Claims: Protein does a body good. And it works its powers on your hair, penetrating and coating the surface to condition. Keravis Protein triples the strength of hair. Instantly adds shine- and tames frizz and fly-aways. Helps protect from heat damage. Safe for colored hair and keratin or brazillian-treated hair.

This hair serum has some thickness to it so you don't need much to use all over your hair. I rub the serum between the palms of my hand and apply it mostly to the ends of my hair, where the most damage is. I'm always hesitant to apply serums on the top of my head just because I feel like the next day it makes my hair look super flat on top.


I really liked this serum for the ends of my hair. It didn't feel as dry and I'm happy that the serum protects my hair from heat damage, especially since I use hot tools on my hair all the time. I think for the sample size, this will be great to continually use and see if substantial results happen. But for now, so far so good!



Next up is the Too Faced Hangover Replenishing Face Primer.

Claims: We love drinking coconut water. This is the first primer to bring the probiotic's brightening benefits to beauty. Good hydration starts here. Look fresh and flawless for longer, helps your makeup go the distance. Does dewy duty. Doubles as a moisturizer and leaves you radiant. 100% said skin had the appearance of a full night's rest in a consumer study. 

I've actually already tried this primer before and really liked it. I love the scent of this primer, it's like a sweet coconut scent. The consistency of this primer is really thin and liquidy which I also really like because thick primers just make me feel sticky. 


It's easy to blend on my face and when it dries it has a bit of a tacky feeling but that's really so that the foundation can stick. Anything that I put on over the primer works really well. At the end of the day, this primer has kept my makeup looking fresh and not too much oil on my t-zone, which I get a lot. I think overall that this is a great primer. It does what it claims and works just fine!



Moving on to the Vasanti Cosmetics Professional Eyeshadow Brushes and the brush I received is the Professional Eyeshadow Brush.

Claims: The high-quality nylon bristles on these brushes pick up the color and pack on the pigment. The long thing handles will have you feeling like a pro! The Professional Eyeshadow Brush has a super versatile brush head, ideal for placing, highlighting, and blending color. Cover all your bases with this tapered eyeshadow brush. While its day job is creating killer eye looks, it also moonlights as a concealer brush. 

I love getting new brushes from Ipsy and this has become a favorite one. I received the Professional Eyeshadow Brush which looks more like a concealer brush but it is perfect to use with Colourpop Super Shock Shadows. 


It picks up the creamy formula shadows so well and deposits really well on my eyes. I have been using this brush nonstop with my Colourpop Super Shock Shadows and I have been loving it! This is a great brush!



And the final product from this month's bag is skyn Iceland The ANTIDOTE Cooling Daily Lotion.

Claims: So fresh and so clean, clean...minty clean, that is. Slather on this skin-calming lotion, turn on some classical tunes and let the de-stressing begin. Icelandic kelp hydrates, detoxifies, soothes, and calms inflammation. Cooling sensation reduces redness for a calm, glowing complexion. Cloudberry and cranberry seed (the super fruits of the Arctic) boost hydration. 

This is such a great daily lotion especially in the summer. I used this a lot when I went to the pool because my skin gets so dry underneath the sun. It just feels so nice and cooling on the skin and it has a nice medicine smell which I love just because to me it smells clean. It smells like the lighter version of Vix.


The next day after I've used this on super tanned and heated under the sun skin, I find that it does reduce redness and calms me down. I really really like this for the summer and I'm so happy that I tried it!


And that is it for my July Ipsy Glam Bag! Thank you for reading this blog post and please follow me on all my social media links on the right! Until next time!


Love Always,

Where To Buy:
www.ipsy.com (It's a monthly subscription service for $10 a month!)

Price:
$10

Please follow me on all my social medial links on the right!

No comments:

Post a Comment