Sunday, January 11, 2015

Rimmel BB Cream Matte & Radiance Review


Hello everybody! I have a new product to review today it is the Rimmel BB Cream in Matte and Radiance. I saw these new BB Creams while I was gift shopping at Ulta and it looked like the Rimmel Stay Matte foundation, so I thought it would be an interesting thing to try. 

Both BB Cream's have similar packaging except for the Radiance BB Cream having an orange lid and the Matte BB Cream having a purple lid. They both have similar claims as well. 


To read more about these BB Creams, please click on read more.




The first BB Cream that I'm going to talk about is the Rimmel BB Cream in Radiance. This is the BB Cream with the orange lid and lettering. The tube is also a bit darker and glossier than the matte BB Cream.  I got this in the shade medium since there was only light or medium. Here are the claims.


Claims: Wake up skin with a healthy looking glow, 9-in-1 skin perfecting, super makeup: 1) Primes, 2) Smoothes, 3) Conceals, 4) Helps minimize the appearance of pores, 5) Provides natural looking coverage, 6) Moisturizes for 24 hours, 7) Awakens tired skin, 8) Brightens the skin, with Vitamin C Complex, and 9) Gives a radiant finish. Dermatologist Tested. Clinically Tested. Non Comedogenic.


These BB Creams are all about the 9 steps towards skin perfecting makeup. This also has an SPF of 20. The amount of BB Cream that you get is the usual 1 fl oz or 30 ml which is pretty good since its a rarity to finish a foundation or BB cream unless you use it every single day. I tested both BB creams for an entire week before writing up this review.




The first thing I noticed right off the bat from swatching the Radiance BB Cream is the sparkles in the formula. It's definitely not noticeable unless you look at it in direct sunlight. So, I was super hesitant to try this on and wear throughout the day. The swatch of this also looked gray so that seem iffy too. 


Putting this on my face, you can tell that the SPF is actually prominent and that you can smell the sunscreen. The texture is creamy and has a gel like consistent but with this, you also really have to blend it well because I notice that it just sticks on certain areas of my face especially around the bridge of my nose and forehead and it dries slowly. You can still feel the BB Cream on your face and it just feels like sunscreen. So I definitely have to wait for it to set before putting on any sort of powder.

Without powder, my face looked greasier than with powder so I would definitely set with powder. The coverage of this BB Cream is light to medium and if you try to build it up it will definitely look too cakey. I noticed cakiness around my mouth and nose and I definitely saw build up of the BB Cream in the crevices of my nose as well. 

The longevity of this BB Cream is not too bad. It'll last on me maybe five hours, because of the built in primer, before I began to see redness around my nose and other imperfections around my face. It does well to give me an even look but it just looks too shimmery for my liking because of the shimmer in the formula. In sunlight. I look way too dewey and it just doesn't look flattering at all. 


Pros:
  • Provides a light even coverage
  • Does make me appear brighter
  • Lasts up to five hours

Cons:
  • Has shimmer in the formula
  • Have to blend really well or it sticks on the skin
  • Takes time to dry
  • SPF does give a white cast and has a sunscreen scent
  • Can get cakey (especially around the nose and mouth)
  • Light coverage
  • Comes in only a light or medium color
Grade:

D



The partner to this BB Cream is the Matte BB Cream. This one has the matte lighter tan tube with the purple cap and lettering. This is also in the shade medium. Here are the claims.

Claims: 9-in-1 skin perfecting super makeup with a natural matte finish, Oil free formula 1) Minimizes the appearance of pores 2) Evens skin tone 3) Mattifies 4) Controls shine all day 5) Smoothes 6) Soothes 7) Conceals dark circles 8) Helps prevent blemishes and 9) Gives all day coverage. Dermatologist Tested. Clinically Tested. Non Comedogenic. 

This is the same as the Radiance Cream in terms of having the 9 steps towards skin perfection, has an SPF of 20, and comes with 1 fl oz. It also comes in only two shades, Light and Medium. From swatching the Matte BB Cream for the first time, I noticed that it was much warmer than the swatch of the Radiance BB Cream. The formula also looked matte with the swatch, no shimmer at all.


Once I applied this to my face, I noticed that it suited my skintone a lot better than the Radiance BB Cream but there was still a little bit of a white cast as I blended it is. The texture was also creamy and had that gel like consistency as well. As I was blending it on my skin, I did see that it was the same as the Radiance BB Cream in which if you don't properly blend enough, it'll stick on parts of your face so again you have to work hard to blend it out. The setting time is the same as the first BB Cream and you can still smell the strong scent of sunscreen but you won't notice it throughout the day. 

The coverage is light to medium but it sets to a nice matte finish. It gives me a nice even coverage. I used this BB Cream with powder and without powder on different days. Without powder, it isn't as lasting as it is with powder. You have to be careful with this BB Cream as well because it can get cakey around my nose and mouth area.

 It'll last up to about five hours with the built in primer before I begin to see redness around my nose and mouth but I do like this formula a lot better than the Radiance BB Cream. It just suits me better. It does keep my oils at bay but my skin is normal combination skin so I'm not sure how this would work for oily skin people. But my t-zone looked oil free for about four to five hours before I wanted to retouch with a powder.

Pros:
  • Provides a light even coverage
  • Sets to a nice matte finish
  • Has a warmer color rather than the grayer color in the Radiance BB Cream
  • Lasts up to five hours
Cons:
  • Have to blend really well or it'll stick on the skin
  • Takes time to dry
  • SPF does give a minimal white cast and has a sunscreen scent
  • Can get cakey around the nose and mouth area
  • Comes in only two shades, Light and Medium

Grade:

C+

Overall Thoughts:

Personally, you can find better drugstore BB Creams like the Garnier Skin Renew Miracle Perfector BB Cream, the L'oreal Magic Skin Beautifier BB Cream, or the Pond's Luminous Finish BB Cream. I would even prefer the Almay CC Cream's than this. I definitely liked the Matte BB Cream a lot better than the Radiance one. It just looked better on me. I wouldn't recommend these BB Cream's to anyone really because they were just average and blah. I'm definitely going to be returning mine as soon as possible because I won't be using them after this review. I swear Rimmel came out with a different BB Cream before but I've never tried it...does anyone remember what it was called? I'd be more interested to try that out if anyone can vouch for it.

Well anyways, that is all for this review. If you liked it please follow us on the blog or any of our social media sites and leave a comment down below. We'd love to hear your thoughts. Did you like these BB Creams or did you not like them like me? I'd love to know!

Price:
6.99

Where To Buy:
Couldn't find links online but I got these from Ulta and saw these at Walgreens and CVS

Written By:
Daisy

7 comments:

  1. Thank you for such a detailed review on both product. I have been wondering about both BB creams but will be skipping both now. You just save me some $$$!

    Shireen | Reflection of Sanity

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for reading! And yes, I returned these two BB Creams right away after this review! Save that money for a better BB Cream :D

      Daisy || Amaryllis Living
      www.amaryllisliving.blogspot.com

      Delete
  2. I thought i was the only one who didn't get on with these products! I found them really hard to use!
    Its worth having a look around for some other BB creams although i haven't been able to find one i like yet lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ugh totally! I saw other reviews of these products and people loved them! I just couldn't get it to work at all. I haven't found the perfect BB Cream yet and I'm still on the hunt but there are some okay ones :) Thank you for reading!

      Daisy || Amaryllis Living
      www.amaryllisliving.blogspot.com

      Delete
    2. No Problem, Your blog is really good :) If i find any good BB creams i will be sure to give you a heads up :)

      Delete
    3. Aww thanks! Your blog is really good as well! And if I find any good BB Creams I'll let you know as well :D

      Daisy || Amaryllis Living
      www.amaryllisliving.blogspot.com

      Delete
  3. I really glad to see your post and your work was so brilliant.Much appreciated!!https://meso.pro

    ReplyDelete