Wednesday, July 20, 2016

May 2016 Ipsy Glam Bag: Destination Chic


I know I know, I missed two whole months worth of Ipsy bags...but I was busy! Education comes first! Now that summer has arrived, I plan to be more dedicated in reviewing my Ipsy bag each month. So let's move on to this month's bag!

The theme for this month is Destination Chic. This month's theme seems to be about travel friendly beauty products, which I am totally down for because I'll be doing some traveling this summer. I love the design of the bag as well. It is cut into an envelope shape rather than it being a straight zipper and it has a snap button closure. I also love the print of bag because it has all well known monuments and destinations on it as well. So fitting for the whole travel theme of this month!

So let's check out what this bag has for the month!


The first item I have in this bag is the Hanalei Lip Treatment.


Claims: This rejuvenating lip treatment will make your chapped lips a thing of the past. Using Kukui Nut oil, antioxidants, agave and grapeseed oil, your lips will  be smooth and moisturized in no time!


I love any product that can moisturize and rejuvenate my lips because boo, I have such dry lips all year round. 


The texture of this lip treatment is that of a thick gel. You only need the tiniest teensiest amount of this product for it to be enough to coat your lips and it goes on really smoothly. It feels very much like the Nivea Lip Butter's, which is one of my favorite balms. 


I left this treatment on overnight and found that my lips the next morning were moisturized and smooth. I really enjoyed this a lot and even though it comes in a small size, you'll only need so little that it'll last a very long time. I am super happy with this product!




Next up is the Hikari Cosmetics Shimmer Bronzer.


Claims: We love a good faux glow! Not only can you get a glowing complexion, this bronzer can be used as eye shadows or highlighter. The coral and copper pigments glide on smooth with just a hint of shimmer.


This is such a pretty looking bronzer, especially for the summer. The shade that I have here is Radiate




It has four little quadrants that can act as either eyeshadow, blush, highlight, or contour when used alone or you can swirl it all up and get a gorgeous and glory bronzer/blush shade. 


I am thoroughly impressed with this bronzer but this is not for you if you're looking for something matte. It gives you a nice glow and sheen to your face and it lasts all day. I love wearing this with a tan just because it makes me feel more sun kissed. The powder itself is very fine, pigmented, and blends out really well. It's a great summer bronzer.




The third beauty product is Avene Micellar Lotion Cleanser and Make-up Remover.


Claims: A simple cleanser that removes makeup and dirt from pores and tones, all-in-one, without the drying effect of soap. Um, yes please!


Anything with the name micellar has been in such high demand lately. I've been using and loving my Garnier Micellar Cleansing Water to wipe away my makeup at the end of the day. So when I saw that I received this product I was thoroughly excited just because I've never tried any other micellar cleansers.


In the bottle, this cleanser looks very watery and has a sweet Chanel No. 5 scent to it but it is not overbearing at all. The texture of it on my skin is watery and doesn't feel oily at all. 




Next is the Aurora Gel Effect Nail Polish and in the shade Old School Pink.


Claims: Get the gel mani you love but skip the salon with this lacquer that is easy and convenient to use but fast to dry without the UV lamp. You'll be stopping traffic with one of these neon shades in "Old School Pink" or "Safety Orange".


I got this nail polish in the shade Old School Pink and is very a bright and vibrant neon pink.Honestly this isn't a shade that I would wear on as a manicure  but this is a pretty pedicure color, especially for the summer.


The formula is pretty good. It is a bit streaky with one coat but with another coat it's very opaque. It dried fast as well and overall it looked nice. I found that it didn't start chipping until the end of the week which is really not bad! All in all, I liked this polish, I just wish it was in a color that I could see myself wearing all the time.




And the final beauty item is the Smashbox Cosmetics X-Rated Mascara.


Claims: Smashbox is back at it again! This triple threat brush isolates and magnifies each lash, while applying its fiber-loaded formula. The result? Sky-high and defined lashed in just one swipe. Bonus: the formula is clump, flake, and smudge proof!


First impressions of this mascara, is that it's amazing. It gave my lashes so much length and volume that it seriously looks like I have fake lashes on. It's not clumpy at all and it dried pretty quickly. 




I owe it to the mascara wand because it grabbed on every lash. I really liked how the brush was made because it sort of looks like a windmill with short bristles. 


At the end of the day, I found that this mascara formula was super long lasting, smudge proof, and flake proof as well. It really held the curl well and it didn't smudge on my glasses as well which I really love. Overall I think that this is an awesome mascara and very comparable to my fave drugstore mascara, the Covergirl Super Sizer mascara. It has that same windmill/spiral kind of mascara wand and the formulas mimic the same effect. This is a great mascara!


And that is it for this months Ipsy Glam Bag review! I have been seriously enjoying the Ipsy subscription service because it is so fun to try out new beauty products every month for just $10. Let me know what you got in your May Ipsy bag or if you tried any of these products. See ya in the next blog post!


Love Always,


Where To Buy:
www.ipsy.com

Price:
$10 a month! (It's a monthly subscription service)

Please follow me on all my social media links on the right!

No comments:

Post a Comment