Monday, July 18, 2016

Colourpop Kaepop Collab by Karrueche Tran: Review + Swatches ft the Ultra Shock Shadows + Ultra Matte Liquid Lipsticks


Colourpop is back at it again with their collaborations! This time it is the Kaepop Collaboration with Karrueche Tran. Her collection includes new ultra shock shadows, ultra matte liquid lipsticks, lippie pencils, and new shades of bronzers, highlighters, and blushes. 

I only picked up the Ultra Shock Shadow palette and the Ultra Matte Liquid Lipsticks, since these were what I was most interest in. When I first saw the collection, I really loved the color scheme and really appreciated that it seemed to compliment those with tanner and deeper skin tones.

If you want to know what I thought about the items that I picked up from this collection, click on read more!



Let's first talk about the Ultra Shock Shadows Kaepop palette!



This is what the palette looks like. It has a gorgeous muted purple color with rose gold lettering. I'm always a sucker for rose gold lettering. Inside the palette you get four new shades. 


The shades are Sunset Blvd, Crenshaw, Beverly, and Wilshire. This quad is warm tone with rose gold and brown and purple toned colors. These colors all look very wearable and just exactly what I like to wear. So let's start with the first shadow.




First up is the shade Sunset Blvd. It is described as a "warm golden bronze in a pearlized finish". 




This is what the shade looks like swatched. This is a warm peachy color with a pearlized finish. This is a really pretty all over lid color and great for an everyday look. The texture of it is really soft, almost wet and while it swatched pigmented, it applied a bit patchy. Using a synthetic brush will help but you have to build it up on the lids to get the exact color swatched.




Next up is the shade Crenshaw. Crenshaw is described as a "warm saddle brown in a matte finish". 




This is what the shade looks like swatched against my skin tone. This is such a pretty matte shade and half the reason why I really wanted this palette. It is a warm caramel brown, perfect for in the crease and using to blend. The formula has amazing pigmentation and for a matte it was not drying at all. It applied well with a brush and blended out well too. 




The next ultra shock shadow is Beverly. This shade can be described as a "deepened blackberry in a matte finish".




This is what Beverly looks like swatched. And this is the other reason why I got this palette. This shade is a beautiful red purple and is a semi-matte finish, meaning it has some sheen to it. Beverly also does not swatch what it looks like exactly in the pan but I personally love colors like this. It went on really well with a synthetic brush but it took some time to blend out. Still, it is an absolutely gorgeous color and so worth the time to blend out.




And the final shadow from this quad is called Wilshire. Wilshire is described as a beautiful "mid tone peachy bright in a matte finish". 




Here's what it looks like swatched. This shade was actually a shocker to me. It's a matte warm peach shade but it has some gray undertones to it. To me it's a unique shade with great pigmentation. I like to use it in the crease as a blending shade and it looks so good. It also blended well for a matte shade. 


And that was the quad from the Kaepop Collection! 
Overall, this eyeshadow palette was awesome. The colors are completely up my alley and it compliments my skin tone so well. 


Now for the three Ultra Matte Liquid Lipsticks.



The three shades that Karrueche released was Chi, Kae, Rooch, from lightest to darkest and is named by how her name sounds phonetically. The packaging of these liquid lipsticks are unique in which the band around the tube is in a beautiful rose gold. Which honestly, was half the reason why I bought these liquid lipsticks. I also liked the color selection of this collection and felt that it would compliment my skin tone. 




From left to right swatched is Chi, Kae, and Rooch.

The first liquid lipstick shade is Chi. Chi is a "cool tone nude beige".




Here's what it looks like swatched. It is definitely a nude beige with cool and brown undertones. I was actually excited for this liquid lipstick because I was hoping it would be my perfect nude. While it looks warm here in the picture, it actually looks so much cooler and grayer in direct sunlight. Also, this particular formula of this shade sunk in the cracks of my lips really bad.


Next up is Kae. This is described as "a deep warm yellow brown". 




This is what this liquid lipstick looks like swatched. It is a dark brown with warm red undertones. What I have been finding with this particular line of liquid lipsticks is that the shade dries down darker than what is seen on the tube. It's liquidy and applied on smoothly but when dried, it emphasized the lines on my lips. It also emphasized the whole "dehydrated crack lips" look. 


And finally is the shade Rooch. It is "a deepened russet wine" shade. 




And this is what it looks like swatched on my lips.This is a burgundy shade with brown undertones. Also, as you can see in the picture above, it dried dark in the majority are of my lips but outlined it brighter. I don't know what that's about but that's what happened. Also, this particular formula was very very very drying and very flaky as well. While the color is gorgeous, I just don't think it's worth having to deal with. 


These particular liquid lipsticks are oddly not the same formulation as the other ultra matte liquid lipsticks that I have tried from Colourpop. All of these shades were a huge disappointment because I love the Colourpop ultra matte liquid lipsticks a lot. I don't know whether it was the color that threw the formula off, but these were not up to par at all.

And that is it for the Kaepop collaboration with Karrueche Tran and Colourpop! Were you surprised that I liked the quad better than the liquid lipsticks? Let me know what you think down below and whether you've tried anything from this particular collection! As always, please follow me on all my social media links on the right.


Love Always,


Where To Buy:
www.colourpop.com

Price:
Ranges from $5 - $20

Please follow me on all my social media links on the right!

No comments:

Post a Comment