Monday, June 24, 2013

Review: L'oreal Magic Nude Liquid Powder


I went to Target the other day and just like any makeup obsessed person, I was browsing through the makeup aisle not expecting to buy anything. But this is the downfall of all makeup lovers out there because in reality you will buy something new, regardless if it was in your budget or not. And that product for me is the L'oreal Magic Nude Liquid Powder. It was perched high on the L'oreal section shelf and I was only able to find it after doing a couple rounds around the makeup aisle. I was excited because I had not heard about this product anywhere and I immediately picked it up. Now it comes in around 12 shades with a decent color range from light to dark tan and it was easy for me to find my shade. The price was fairly reasonable at $10.99. So let's check out some swatches. 



This product claims to be "a bare skin perfecting makeup" and "transforms from liquid to powder for the perfect bare skin finish". On the left side of the swatch above is a direct pour from the product itself and on the right the swatch of the foundation is a bit blended in. The directions on how to apply this foundation is as follows, "Shake well. For best makeup result, pour just a few drops onto fingers and apply directly onto skin. Not recommended for use with a sponge or brush." 

Now packaging wise, this foundation does not come with a pump. It is a sleek glass container shaped thinly into a rectangle. It looks luxurious and elegant like a high end product would be and I wouldn't mind displaying it on my bureau. But I would advise not carrying it around or being careless with it because since it is glass it will shatter all over the floor, causing a huge mess. When I did pour the foundation out, it got a bit messy and I did have to wipe the bottle up once I was done. 

The reason why it's so messy to get the foundation out is because the product itself is VERY liquidy. When I shook it the first time, it sounded like I was shaking a half empty water bottle. It will run all over your hand if you don't be careful. Upon my first application I did follow the instructions on one side of my face just using my fingers and then applying with a brush on the other side of my face. To only do a couple of drops with this foundation is not a good idea because you won't get just drops, you'll get a streak of foundation running down your hand. I would not advise to apply this product directly on a brush because it will seep through the bristles making the brush hard to clean after. Two drops of the foundation will barely cover anything if you're looking for medium to full coverage. However I did like the texture of the foundation applied with my fingers and it felt very lightweight. It says it goes on from liquid to powder and that is semi true. I do see the powder texture but it isn't like the result of setting your face with an actual powder. It dries to a satin matte finish and it feels nice to the skin. On the side where I applied the foundation with a brush, the product looked just as good. I prefer using a brush to apply but that's my own opinion because I just don't like applying foundation with my fingers. One can definitely build up the coverage with this foundation. 

In terms of it's lasting power, I kept the foundation on for about 10 hours and I really liked the results. It stayed on my skin well enough that I felt like it still covered up my problem areas. I looked a little bit oily around my t-zone (I have combination skin) but it was nothing major that a little powder couldn't fix up. It reminded me a bit of the L'oreal True Match foundation looks wise but they are both completely different products in regard to texture and wear.


Pros:
  • The packaging looks elegant
  • The foundation feels great and lightweight on the skin
  • Can be built up to medium to full coverage
  • Applies well with both fingers and a brush
  • Good lasting power
Cons:
  • No pump!
  • Very liquidy and very messy
  • Sensitive packaging (be careful not to drop!) and wasteful of product
  • Got me a little bit oily around my t-zone (Not sure how it'll stay with oily skin people)
  • Smells strongly of sunscreen
Final Thoughts:

Overall, I do like this foundation. I would recommend for others to try this because I do like the concept from liquid to powder and if you like powder finishes this product will be great for you. Do I think that this is a necessary staple product in your makeup collection? No. There are other foundations that will give you the same result or possibly even better and maybe at a cheaper price. I do like that the color range is fairly wide but I would tell careless people to stay away. This product is something you can't just throw around because once you drop it, goodbye $10.99 and hello to excruciating clean up. 

Grade:
A-

Leave a comment below and let us know what you think about this new product or if you bought it already let us know your results! We'd love to hear from you.

Links To Buy:
(As of now, only available at Target)

Retail Price: 
$10.99

Written By:
Daisy

No comments:

Post a Comment